I went to the Dermatologist's as well today. (Was just there as a 'moral supporter' and not the patient btw).
Stepped into the room, plonked myself down onto the chair directly opposite Mr. Dermatologist. He proceeded to examine the patient and then turned his attention to me.
"Hey, I've treated you before! I recognise your face!", he exclaimed in an excited manner.
"Yeah, but that was ages ago! Man, you've got good memory!", I remarked.
And Mr. Dermatologist went (note: I'm not the patient for today!), "So did you do anything with your keloid scar?" (I've got a scar on my right wrist, due to a nasty fall during my athletics days.)
"Nah, I've just left it as it is, though it hurts at times. No point doing steroid injections and all for that...", I replied casually.
Mr. Dermatologist continued, "Yeah, cosmetic surgery is an option too, but I don't see the need for it. But you've just got to be really careful you know, no piercings, cuts and all. You're so prone to them."
"Yeah I know..."
And then came the cracker from Mr. Dermatologist...
"But they will love you when you go to Africa!"
And I went (a bit confused), "What?!?!?! They even more prone to keloids themselves!"
"Yeah, but they practice self-scarification. They use bamboo shoots to cut their face so that they get keloids on their face. Well, they think it makes them look more like warriors, you know..."
I was dumbfounded. Really kena cha dou!
PS: My apologies for taking the limelight away from the patient! :P
-LV-
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Reasons Why I Love My Doctors
Fitted in by
LV
@
8:56 pm
Labels: *Personal Favourites, 31900, Life, Misc
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment