Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Food, Glorious Food...

Time flies, and it's been 7 weeks since I uprooted myself from the place I've called 'home' for the past 3 years back to the greener pastures of Malaysia. Well, I guess I'm one of the few who do not think that the grass is greener on the other side. I could safely assume that I'm one of those who (naively) believe that; when there's a will there's a way. In other words, opportunities are aplenty whereever you are. It's just the person and the effort put in that makes a difference.

Anyway, I've been rekindling my love affair with all things Malaysian. Most importantly, food. Well, those who know me well, know I don't eat hefty portions. But yeah, there are still some stuff that I love to adore..


Ais Kacang, Kuih, Apam Balik, Ipoh White Coffee.... and yes, mangosteens and rambutans! J'aime

Ais Kacang (Stall no. 15 @ 36 Stall; Kampar, Perak)

Kuih (Kampar Market @ Night) - Pardon the bad lighting


Ipoh White Coffee (Ipoh Old Town Kopitiam, Mutiara Damansara. But the best one can be found at Ipoh Old Town - Kong Heng coffeeshop if I'm not mistaken)

I've got a picture of my favourite Apam Balik hidden somewhere, but can't seem to find it now. My guess is that it's prolly hidden in bro's phone. Well, shall leave it for my next post then.... :)

PS: The rambutan tree has just started to bear fruit. Can't wait to lay my hands on the ripe ones! It's been 3 long years. Yes, a very long time indeed...

-LV-

2 comments:

SONblogger said...

Kong Heng? Nah....i think its Sun Yuen Loong.

Btw, I am at ur side, someone who don't think the grass is greener on the other side!

LV said...

Not really sure bout the name. But it's the corner shop in Old Town :) Ah... I wan my butter + kaya bread. Bila balik Ipoh? We go bfkt together-gether :) (Before you cabut to Jakarta???) :P

True, I don't mind being back home! Good ol' Msia!