Thursday, November 08, 2007

First Impressions

Was speaking to KH on the phone 2 days ago and it was brought to my attention that it's neigh time that I update my blog...

______

But anyway...

This timely reminder has transported me back to an issue that was first brought to my attention by M. First impressions.... I would dare say that M and I share much in common; common values and probably personality and character traits to a certain extent. We both place importance on first impressions. Confidence, speech and mannerisms play an important role (in our opinions) when 'sizing up' new acquaintances. And it suffices to say, we're right most of the time.

But yeah, it's very true (IMO) that it takes only 10 sentences to be able to tell (roughly, but not always accurately) one's personality. Though, what I think is of greater importance here is how one reacts to a person whom he/she dislikes. Some would distance themselves from him/her; whilst some would still try to act civil towards that individual. It's a matter of personality and adaptibility of the other party as well.

Well, first impression is what that gives a general potrayal of oneself, gives someone his/her job and probably, ensures success in reality shows like Survivor (yes, I'm a sucker for this series).

My point is; first impression matters, but it's not everything. Do give others a second chance and who knows what will be waiting at the other end...

-LV-

No comments: