Saturday, September 01, 2007

Coffee & a Piece of Cake

What does one do when she is sick of having Honey Roasted Ham and Cheese Sandwiches for lunch EOD (every other day)???

She heads to the Refectory for some coffee and a slice of chocolate cake! *voila*

That was what I did a couple of days ago. Went to the library to finalise the footnoting and referencing for my dissertation, and made the conscious decision to pop by the Refectory for lunch. Boy, I'm so sick of having sandwiches for lunch, and I'm too lazy to cook rice and dishes for lunch either. So, that's the best option I have.

Had a white coffee (I now take coffee w/o sugar FYI...*lols*a far cry from my sugar laden drink days) and a slice of chocolate cake, all for GBP1.55. Pricey by Malaysian standards considering how crappy tat piece of cake was (it was dry crumbly and well, I only paid 80p for it, so who am I to complain!)and that the coffee was not strong enough for my liking. Not exactly the best lunch I had, but it's definitely something different for a change....


Coffee & Cake; Refectory, University of Manchester, August 2007

-LV-

No comments: