Tonight's one of those sleepless nights. And when I fail to fall asleep, my mind wanders. I'm in the midst of switching jobs, hence I've much free time in my hands.
I'm wide awake and was prompted to blog. Hence, the decision to install this blogging software on my phone to allow my creative juices to flow.
As usual, on my other sleepless nights, I ponder, not on any serious world peace issues; but rather on myself. It's those rare moments of solitude and self-reflection that I do at times.
Tonight, I just thought of how life had turned out for me, career wise. Never on Earth had I imagined being in the current situation I'm in right now. Had I gone in accordance to my earlier pre-graduation plans, I'd be officially donning my robes in a month or two. I.e. getting my call to the Malaysian Bar.
And had I gone along with my pre-graduation plans, I'd probably be contemplating a career move to the Asian cosmopolitan city of Hong Kong. Work there for a couple of years, then see how and where life takes me.
HOWEVER
As mentioned earlier, life has it's own was of springing it's fair share of surprises.
I landed a job I'd wanted to try and experience all along. I hopped on the ship, and set sail. It's sad that the mast didn't function too well, hence my holidays right now before jumping ship. I guess my 'black robe day' will come 7 months later than expected.
As for the Hong Kong aspirations, I'VE CANNED THEM for I've discovered a far greater joy, hope and dream. Life is about trade-offs and I gladly do that whole-heartedly; without regrets. :)
Life has definitely taken an unexpectedly interesting turn. And I gladly and gratefully embrace it...
-LV-
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Life & Its Interesting Turns
Fitted in by
LV
@
2:03 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
:) - may the country you next set sail to be one overflowing with milk and honey.
in other words, wish you happiness and fulfilment there. and i like the bit about doing trade offs whole heartedly, i m still learning fully what it means.
Post a Comment