It's been a lapse of 1 month since I last blogged, and I hardly realised it. Things have been moving at an insanely fast pace for me! So fast that I hardly have time to sit back and reflect.
June 09, has been a very eventful month. I quit a job, to seek further and better challenges ahead. The supremos tried hard to convince me that I'm doomed to a life of suffering out there, but I have yet to feel it. (As of today...) Yup, work load is heavier, work during weekdays and ocassionally during weekends. But, so far so good. Learnt a whole lot in the span of 3 weeks. It's been great experience so far. And close friends and family did notice the significant change in me. :) Guess it's good to opt out of an 'unhealthy relationship' I guess!!!! But yes, I'm glad I took the leap of faith! :) Hard work, but contented.
One thing I realise from this episode is that, I've realised who I am deep within. I hate being confined and restricted. I love to roam free, to be given the opportunity to grow, and reach for greater heights. Yes, I thrive in environments where I dictate my pace, where I dictate how far I would go, where I dictate how high up the ladder I can climb! Freedom, here I come!!!!
That aside, June has been a month filled with sporting activities as well.
First, I survived an 8 hour hike/trek during the Raleigh IW. Started shortly after lunch, and got back in time for supper. One lesson I learnt from being a co-ordinator during the IW is how to sit back and relax and let the kids run the show. It sounds easier than it actually it! And yes, I survived the entire weekend with only 5 hours of sleep!! :)


And next, I completed the Standard Chartered KL Marathon, yup the whole 42.195km of it. That's like the distance from PJ - Putrajaya or Temoh - Ipoh. Took a total of 8 hours and 15 minutes, and got a horrible sunburn after that. But, it's still worth the experience. At least, I've earned my bragging rights. As JS rightfully put it. :P

And July/August's gonna be an interesting few months for me as well. WS texted me the other day, with an invitation to take up scuba diving licence. Guess what yours truly's gonna be up to next?
-LV-
1 comment:
of course the supremos would say that - esp those who have NEVER gone out before - but as long as you are adventurous and brave, what IS hard work? it's part of making dreams happen, that's what! :D
i like your piece on freedom to be, and i think we couldn't be complacent and contented. that wouldn't be us. so yeah, we both need it.
i am so happy to see you're doing well. so continue the ride and Gambate.
Post a Comment