I spent my previous weekend hiking up Bkt Tabur East, an activity organised as Raleigh KL's monthly meet.
Dragged myself out of bed at 545 am, hit the roads, drove along MRR II and arrived at Wangsa Maju LRT station (our meeting point) at 7am sharp.
It was a leisurely 2 hour plus hike up, with a few steep terrains along the way, and the part where we had to climb up the peak with assistance of a rope provided some form of 'excitement' to the hike.
Had 3 watermelons and some snacks were passed around when we reached the peak. Had a short meeting and members were updated with news and happenings since the February monthly meet.
Made our way down at 1130am, and Liza and I were the 2nd and 3rd to arrive respectively. Met up with Dennis at the mini lake at the foot of the hill, whilst waiting for the rest.
It took another 2 more hours before the rest of the group showed up, and off home we went!
I didn't pack much except for my trusted bandana and a cap which I didn't use at all during the hike. Needed a clear view to prevent myself from slipping down the hill. Alas, despite being a 'semi-pro' hiker, I forgot two crucial things.
1. I wore shorts. Fine! No big deal, but since I hate hiking in longs, leech socks are a must to prevent unnecessary scratches from the scrubs and bushes. But I forgot them! I went up Mt. K well prepared, anticipating the bushes etc, but I underestimated the shrubs at Tabur. Needless to say, my legs are well-adorned with 'patterns' as a result.
2. I forgot my mosquito repellant. Hope I don't contract Dengue, Chikunkunya, Malaria... *period*
It was in some ways, a refreshing weekend for me taking into account the stressful week that I had...
It was a certainly nice view of KL city...
-LV-
1 comment:
kl looks like got layer of smog!
Post a Comment