Monday, June 16, 2008

My Most Un-Raleigh Like Purchase

Note to self: I risk being ostracised by Raleigh KL should this purchase be discovered!

1. No one brings pillows on Expedition.
2. This pillow is made of plastic. Save the whales! Long live our dolphins!
___

As mentioned in my previous post, I went gear shopping. And as I was browsing through the camping section/aisle at Tesco, my eyes spotted a stack of newly stocked items that weren't there before. And curiosity got the better of me. I checked the label and it read, "Camping Pillow - XL size; RM4.90".

So what does one do? Grab it without any hessitation of course!

Heh! Pillow dilemma solved! I'm sparred from using my rucksack/sweater as a pillow for 5 or possibly 6 weeks!
Why say "No" when comfort comes only at the price of RM4.90?

I chose a light blue one (which IMO resembles the colour of hospital scrubs). I had wanted to get one with patterns; green+blue+yellow. But restrained myself from doing it as I didn't want to look like a wimp throughout expedition.

Oh yes, it comes with a 'blower' (the grey plastic thing). Helps inflate the pillow more efficiently.


Tadah! My expedition pillow - Fully inflated. Tried and tested. Quite comfy actually!


Oh btw, it will go well with my Dark Blue sleeping bag. *grins*


And this sums up my most un-Raleigh like purchase ever!

Now man, that's the spirit. Dare to be different!!! *grins*

-LV-

No comments: