I went Expedition Gear Shopping again today. The 3 hour shopping stint after 2 days of solitary confinement was much welcomed and I came back rejuvenated, although a bit frustrated as I didn't manage to find a pair of hiking shoes! Apparently the shops I went to only stock size 6 (smallest). DISCRIMINATION against individuals with size 5 feet like mine! Cis!
Parking (the part I hate most about driving) was surprisingly painless today. Found a pretty decent space at 1 Utama quite easily, and got one smack in front of the main entrance of Tesco as well. Covered 3 malls (1 Utama, Tesco and the Curve) in 3 hours, and that included a short lunch at the Arena Foodcourt at 1 Utama. Talk about efficiency. *grins*
Went to Nike, Bata, Fila, Royal Sporting House, Studio R at 1 Utama, and to Brookes and Al-Ikhsan Sports at the Curve, but to no avail. They either do not stock any hiking shoes or they do not have any in my size. Haih! MidValley beckons this weekend.
Anyway, here's what I bought.
1. Sandals: RM22.90 (not solely for expedition purpose)
- They're so funky and light. He He! Hope it will last me through expedition and beyond. I love them!
2. An Inflatable Pillow: RM4.90 (my most un-Raleigh like purchase of the day)
3. Poncho: RM13.90
- This one terpaksa beli, as I've been using the super thin disposable ponchos that I've got free from Genting Highlands since time in memorial. I doubt the ciplak GH ones will last me throughout my expedition. Hence, this purchase. Btw, I think I look like a flasher in that poncho.
4. Pureen's Baby Head-to-Toe Wash: RM5.70
-Yeah, yeah, yeah I know stuff meant for babies are not effective enough to keep adults clean, blah, blah, yaddah, yaddah... I just love the convenience of this when I hit the roads, the pool or the gym. One bottle does all! Shampoo + Bodywash. Or at times, a bottle of shampoo (those sample packs) does it all.
5. Other Miscellaneous Stuff: RM84.05 (including the sandals, poncho, inflatable pillow and the Pureen HTT wash)
- Bin liners, wet wipes, carabinners (I just found out that these hooks are called carabinners after reading CK's list and doing a wikipedia search on them! Pardon me!), aluminium cup, bungee cord, ciplak version of duck tape.
So, that was my day.
-LV-
4 comments:
FYI its ducT tape. not ducK tape.
hehehe.
dun worry i think the pillow was a smart purchase. u're not the 1st one to bring it on expedition!
u've got my endorsement :Pv
i swear the label says ducK.... click on picture to enlarge *pouts*
omgggg...TESCO HAS DOMINATED MALAYSIA too!!!!!!!!!
heh! back to old colonial times shuls!
but, their 79p in-house label chocolate is being sold for rm12 per bar! madness!!!!! u know, the blue one for white choc, red for dark and purple for milk (if i remember correctly)... those chocs...
oh yeah, i miss their blueberry muffins
Post a Comment