I love Kaya + Cream crackers very very much... (more than Manchester United)
I tried to make some myself back in Manchester but failed....
Miserably....
*hides faces in embarassment*
Hence, I was determine to 'go up the mountain and look for a sifu' (上山拜师 - cantonese); ala Chinese Kungfu shows should opportunity arise.
In English: I decided to ask Grandma to teach me how to make it...
So, she called out to me this morning,
"Vyen (yes, that's how my grandparents call me)... I'll show you how to make Kaya!"
And of course, I skipped at the opportunity!
So much so that I missed part of the live telecast of the Parliamentary proceedings this morning. (Yup, I'm one of the few people who find joy in following the proceedings. And conincidentally, our Kpr MP got to put forth his question during Question Time today. I didn't miss that part though...)
After 2 hours of ocassional stirring over low heat.
*Tadah!!!!* Yummy-licious Kaya!!!!

Easy peasy.
I know what failed me during my initial DIY attempts - Yes, it's my Archilles heel - IMPATIENCE.
But, as I was under the watchful eyes of the Old Master this morning, I wasn't allowed to turn up the heat. So, I had to stir patiently and wait, and stir, and wait.....
And yes, perseverance pays!!!!
Just like in life, it takes lots of patience and perseverance to get the girl. *Congrats Dom!*
Magnifique!!!!!
-LV-
*Kaya making novice....*
No comments:
Post a Comment