Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Jungle Gear: Part 1


Popped by Tesco after my study session at Starbucks today.

Did the very first of my jungle/camping gear shopping. Well, had to get everything prepared by May considering the fact that I'll be concentrating on exams in June and that I only have 3 days after exams before I fly off to the jungle.

My catch of the day are as follows:

1. Mess tin (RM15.50 - thought it was a bit expensive for 2 metal squares)

2. Headtorch (RM39.90 - had wanted to get the cheaper one (Eveready: RM23.90) with only one LED, but then chose this in the end; 2 LED - brighter plus got 'spotlight' function and 'wide range of vision' function) PS: It will function as my book/reading light during bedtime tentatively until Expedition. Yay! This means, I'm equipped to read in the dark. Vitiates the need to get outta bed to switch off the lights after reading.

Total damage: RM55.50

*Lols*
I'm so badly equipped. Lacking 'professional' camping equipment. I used to grab whatever I could find at home for the few camps I've been to. Improvise mah.... But now, kena buy proper stuff...
My so-called 'mess tin' used to be some aluminium plate and headlights never existed, made do with torchlights. Plus, the Girl Guides used to have pots for cooking. But then again, I was a 'sleeping member' back then.
Hmmm... can I use a Sarong in place of a Foam Mat? Also, anyone has mosquito netting for loan? And I think I need to get a sleeping bag, my Coleman one is too thick and heavy to be lugged around; especially up to the summit of Mt. K.
Seriously...
-LV-

No comments: