Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Diploma: e-Learning

I've stumbled upon this page....

"One of the World Medical Associations e-learning courses which are produced in cooperation with the Norwegian Medical Association." (or so, it claims)


I don't know much about the authenticity of this 'course'. But they claim to award you a Diploma at the end of the course. And its FREE!!! Too good to be true, honestly. Hence, I dare say its some ciplak thingy.

It's (supposedly) meant to cater for healthcare professionals and upon completing my 1st case study, I realised the reasons why. The questions/cases are so different from that I usually do for my medico-legal case studies.

e.g.

Dr. P, an experienced and skilled surgeon, is about to finish night duty.

A young woman is brought to the hospital by her mother, who leaves immediately after telling the intake nurse that she has to look after her other children. The patient is bleeding vaginally and is in a great deal of pain.

Dr. P examines her and decides that she has had either a miscarriage or a self-induced abortion. He does a quick dilatation and curettage and tells the nurse to ask the patient whether she can afford to stay in the hospital until it is safe for her to be discharged. Dr. Q comes in to replace Dr. P, who goes home without having spoken to the patient.

What do you think of Dr. P's behaviour?

These are more 'life-like' situations.... and certainly more fun to toy with! ;)


Not that I'm interested in the Certificate/Diploma or whatever..... But well, I'm just taking it for fun.... To take a break from my CLP notes. Medico-legal stuff is always refreshing!

Give it a try if you're bored ppl...

-LV-
*die! need to brush up on my legal principles... I'm still weak la....

No comments: