Monday, March 24, 2008

Awesome Weekend

Note: Many people whom I've met have commented that they seldom meet a girl who's such a sport fan. I was brought up by a MU die-hard, and am currently in the process of converting the MU die-hard into a McLaren die-hard too! ;)

Yes, I love sports... both as a participant and as a spectator...

However, rest assured; sports aside, I do have my "Oh, that dress is so pretty!", "I wanna buy that nail polish", "I need a haircut!", "Oh I'm having a bad hair day" moments too!

(Geddit?!)
I hope you get the point *lols*

________

McLaren Pit Garage

And so.... I was in Sepang and back...


Heikki Kovalainen (front) and his teammate Lewis Hamilton (behind)

It was marvelous nonetheless! I was there to witness Raikkonen's maiden victory in the same track in 2003, and am now back to witness his first victory in 2008 (albeit with a certain Red team!). Apart from the fact that the 'wrong team' won... I had an awesome time! Watching the race unfold right in front of your eyes is a different experience altogether!

Fernando Alonso (Renault) heading back to the pit lane after the race

And of course, taking pictures with random strangers was part of the Formula 1 hoo hah and moo lah too!!!

A bunch of guai los.... Obviously from England!



My personal favourite! Interesting that he used the Kuda Kepang in place of the Prancing Pony (horse) ;)

Oh, the adrenaline rush... when you see the race cars line up on the track, the mechanics and engineers scurrying back and forth doing last minute preparations for the race. And of course, the sound of engines revving up minutes before the race begins.... And the best of all... the piercing sounds and the vibrations felt everytime a car whizzes pass you...

No water bottles allowed.... so I had to empty my 500ml bottle at the gates.... But *shhhh...* I managed to sneak in a 1.5l bottle ;)

Cars lining up at the start of the race

Race result: Raikkonen, Kubica and Heikki Kovalainen ....
It would have been perfect had McLaren won the race. But with a 5 place penalty for Heikki and Hamilton respectively, they were no match for the Prancing Pony (Horse) *lol* But still, the sight of Massa spinning out of the race, and his car being lifted up by a crane back to the pitlanes... Priceless! Would have been better if it was Michael Schumacher though... *ho ho ho*

Reigning World Champion Kimi Raikkonen, followed by Anthony Bourdais during the driver's parade


The final order of the day...

And yes, I got myself a team t-shirt.... *sigh* There I go, contributing to the McLaren building fund @ Tabung Kebajikan McLaren again! But then, I figured out since I got the tickets FOC, I could spare some money for the t-shirt.... And I'm glad I did, though I doubt when I'll wear it again... Maybe to class someday... But certainly not Baljit's ;) (Don't wanna attract unnecessary attention for unnecessary questioning)

The McLaren marquee....

We arrived at 1130pm, and it was 12pm when we got to the Mclaren place... Hence, I missed this! *hits self*

Anyway, some pictures during the race...

Safety car


Hamilton (McLaren) leading Trulli (Toyota) at the hairpin....


Torro Rosso (Vettel, I think)

Massa, after the first pit-stop (if I'm not mistaken)


Kovalainen!!!!!

Podium.... See the 3 tiny dots in the middle... :P



Plus... guai los will be guai los whereever they are.... They worship the sun!!!!! *sot sot dei*

I had a my cap and sunglasses and sunblock on throughout the day, yet I ended up with slight sunburn, and the burning sensation on my skin afterwards... Wonder how they tahan the 36'c (or maybe more) effects of the sun....


Needless to say, I enjoyed myself....

And yes, to those who would be attending a race in the near future. Learn up your teams, driver helmets, numbers, and the different identifying marks on each car... It pays... Otherwise, you will be left sitting down, watching the cars zoom past without even knowing who's is who....



And home I went..... Straight for 2 back to back EPL clashes.... MU-Liverpool and Chelsea-Arsenal! *lols*


'Committee members' of our self-declared 'Asian Fan Club' in front of Old Trafford, Manchester; March 2008

(FJ fr China, and Anil and I fr Malaysia) *lols*


MU won 3-0, Chelsea won 2-1... *yay* We're leading the title race now!



It was certainly a long and enjoyable day!

To quote from my UPSR karangans... "Saya berasa letih tetapi gembira!"

-LV-

*enough of madness and fooling around.
(or else the Teochew lang will be screaming at me (or us), right SW?) *winks*
Time to sit down and do some serious studying from today onwards...

4 comments:

SONblogger said...

How did u end up with a free ticket from Petronas? I also want!

LV said...

ha ha ha...courtesy of mr tham! ;) come la... next year we go

together-gether provided yr not in JKT... but i need to save money for tickets from now on di... :P

hang on... u ferrari punya?!?!?

Shih Chung said...

wah maybe MU should have cross-sponsorship with f1.. got fan base liao

LV said...

he he he..... f1+mu = potent combination!!!