Monday, February 18, 2008

Vyen's Tortoise: Lost & Found

Remember the story about my tortoise who ran away? *think I mentioned it somewhere in my previous post*

It was the size of a 50cent coin when I b(r)ought it home 2 years ago. For comparisons, the tortoise was placed inside a Horlicks jar when this picture was taken. Yeah, you could probably picture how tiny it was.


And it has now quadrupled its original size or perhaps more. It's about 15cm in diameter I think. And boy, that creature is surely heavy!

It was no where to be seen when I went home for CNY holidays. No sign of tortoise swimming in the mornings; no sign of tortoise sunbathing in the afternoons; no sign of tortoise during feeding times.... *haih*

An empty (tortoise-less) fish pond. I was a little sad.


Hence Dad and I assumed that it's probably grown 'old/matured enough' to venture out to the big, wide world on its own. Like humans do; when we're old enough, we will venture out from our 'nests'. Well, that's what happened to the previous few tortoises that we owned. So we assumed likewise in this case.

Imagine our surprise and joy when we saw it back in the pond last week! Swimming happily in the pond as usual, surfacing during feeding times as always! *yay!* Miracles do happen!

Swimming....

Surfacing for some air...

It's probably understood the meaning of this phrase; "Rumahku, Syurgaku". *lols*

It's back, and I'm happy!

BTW, would anyone like to give it a name?



-LV-

No comments: