CNY holidays have finally ended and I made my usual commute back to the city down South. Was driving along the PLUS highway when I noticed black smoke billowing from the other side of the highway; some 2km away. As I inched nearer, I saw something that resembled a 'orange fireball' (you know, those that Ken and Ryu often come up with during the Street Fighter Battle Royale; or well, from the guy (forgot his name) in Dragonball).
Traffic came to a standstill from the opposing direction. As I drove nearer, I saw a white Proton (dunno which one) in flames and a huge lorry parked next to it. Typical human nature to be curious, so I drove a bit slower as I passed the scene of the accident. The heat from the fire was so intense that I could feel it from inside my car!
Instincts lead me to assume that there were no casualties as members of the public were standing 'calmly' to watch and some even had their cameras in hand! No fire engines, no ambulance, no signs of panic anywhere! Thus, I assumed that the victims got out in time before their car burst into flames...
Traffic came to a standstill from the opposing direction. As I drove nearer, I saw a white Proton (dunno which one) in flames and a huge lorry parked next to it. Typical human nature to be curious, so I drove a bit slower as I passed the scene of the accident. The heat from the fire was so intense that I could feel it from inside my car!
Instincts lead me to assume that there were no casualties as members of the public were standing 'calmly' to watch and some even had their cameras in hand! No fire engines, no ambulance, no signs of panic anywhere! Thus, I assumed that the victims got out in time before their car burst into flames...

Picture credits: http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Thursday/National/2157470/Article/index_html; New Straits Times Online; Thursday, 14th February 2008)
It was not until this morning, that I read in the papers that the accident claimed 3 lives and injured 2 others.
See http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Thursday/National/2157470/Article/index_html (New Straits Times; 14th February 2008)
-LV-
No comments:
Post a Comment