I love peanuts (No, I'm not a monkey).
I love Apam Balik a.k.a. Tai Kau Min; my ultimate 'sin' food. Crushed peanuts, heaped spoonful of sugar along with some butter all encased in a 'pancake'. I'm a happy camper! :)
I rarely turn down an offer for one, especially if it's from this particular stall.
And yes, the "Ah Poong" (or whatever its called) is lovely too. It's a super thin version of Apam Balik, without the peanuts, sugar and butter/margarine. Think, something that is thinner than Roti Tisu, minus the sugar and margarine. The sides are super thin and crunchy and the middle is chewy. Lovely!
Managed to snap a couple of pictures of the vendors in action. Didn't dare to go near for better shots, as I didn't wanna risk the embarassment of being scolded in public.
My favourite vendors in action. I marvel at their coordination and dexterity.
(Note: The freshly made 'Ah Poongs')
Tee Hee!!! My favourite Apam Baliks! Not the best picture, as I had to do it quickly or risk shelling from the Uncle.
A not so decent shot of my Apam Balik. *Yummy!*
______
Another point to note:
I need a decent camera. My phone camera is crappy. SE K610i - 2.0 mega pixels, without autofocus... Argghhh!!!! But still, I love it. It's sleek with 3G functions *smiles*
-LV-
No comments:
Post a Comment