My 3 years in Manchester has finally come to an end. 17th September 2004 - 8th (16th) September 2007. I came, as an innocent bleary eyed 21 year old with much eagerness to learn. Now, I'm leaving 3 years later more matured, mellowed down and gained a whole world of knowledge out there.
Back then, I was..
- younger
- a STPM certificate holder
- more bubbly and cheerful
- only confined to my own group - Having said that, life would never be the same without the girls around.
- eager to stay on for job experience after completing my degree
- aiming to be a commercial lawyer
- single
Now, I am
- older (and wiser)
- a (hopefully) Masters degree holder
- less talkative (mellowed down quite a bit)
- mixing around more and have a very much wider social circle
- eager to go home and establish my career in Malaysia. (I've learnt that there are much more to achieve back home, than the 'glamour' of staying on here..will blog more about it later)
- no longer interested in being a city-slicker (read commercial lawyer)
- aiming to carve my niche in medical law (despite sceptism from people)
Above all, I am still
- very much who I was before
- annoyed by the same things
- the same jungle/nature and adventure loving person I was before (Raleigh, here I come)
- of the same height as before
- the same person who loves her family and friends more than anything else in this world
- single *lol*
But yeah, from an Undergraduate to a Postgraduate, from a free-spirited hippie to a more cynical person. I've learnt a lot over these years. Think about it, this year (2006/07) is by-far the most enjoyable year I've ever had. Love my flatmates to bits. (And yeah, my friends too!) Took a course that I really really like and it has certainly challenged my mental faculties. Met interesting and 'special' people at work. Earned my own keep (that brought me to Amsterdam, Scotland, Denmark, Hong Kong, Macau, Sabah, Brunei and Sarawak). Despite the horrid winter months without hot water and heating in this sub-par accommodation (Whitworth Park - please potential students, stay away from this place by all means), the joy and laughter along the way has indeed elipsed it all.
Thank you Manchester for everything!The University of Manchester, Manchester Museum & Whitworth Hall, September 2007
-LV-
No comments:
Post a Comment