As all of you may know, I've been away on a Raleigh expedition for the past 5 weeks and travelling around Sabah-Sarawak for another 2.
Working on the Raleigh project in Kampung Keranaan, Ranau has been an eye opener to me. I did recall thinking to myself,
Digging 4 feet deep holes to plant those impossibly heavy belion poles...
Sawing...
Painting...
It was satisfying, looking at the day to day progress.
From ground zero...
To getting the main structure up...
And my favourite part... the roof = shelter = NO SUN!!!!!
To the wall claddings...
Painting the undercoat...
And the distinctive Nestle 'kindergarten yellow'...
Some final touches and the steps cum verandah...
And VIOLA, we're done!!!!!!!
We were exceptionally proud of our masterpiece come 21st August 2008 to have completed the kindergarten in 3 weeks (in comparison to the usual 10 weeks).
In retrospect, I'm glad to have participated in a 5 week expedition as I got to work on the project right till the very end. It was certainly satisfying!
And to quote Alex (whenever we find that the going gets tough),
I can't help but to agree with this man! Building that kindergarten was certainly rocket science which was made possible with the help from the locals!
And to quote from our team's infamous motto, which was banned by the field base for its sexual innuendo...
Team Alpha Premier: "We nailed, we screwed and it came together!"
Mission accomplished!
-LV-
No comments:
Post a Comment