Saturday, July 26, 2008

Living the Good Life

Day 3 post-CLP and I'm not complaining. It feels good to be 'blank' and not having to worry about datelines, etc.


I've been rather busy these few days, meeting up with friends. There are just so many people that I've love to meet post-exams. Mostly friends that I've been neglecting for so long. Sorry people!!!


Day 0:

Met up with KH after I handed in what I hope would be the last exam paper of my life i.e. CLP Evidence and the poor guy got dragged along to KL's house and also on the first of my many rounds of expedition gear shopping.


Anyway, we managed to catch Hellboy and Dark Knight later on, which was good since I've always wanted to watch Heath Ledger's potrayal of the Joker, which has be applauded by many. Dozed off at some parts of the movie, but overall it was a good one by Ledger.


Still running high on adrenaline. Hence, took me sometime to unwind. Eventually crashed to bed at 430am.


Day 1:

Started the day early - 730am


Attended the Raleigh KL fundraising event at HELP Jalan Dungun. Stood around, sat down trying to look pretty throughout the event (ok ok kidding!) I was kinda tired tat morning though. Met up with some Raleigh friends, and some new people. Made myself useful and helped them sell doughnuts ocassionally. I must admit despite my ex-bancuh kopi and cake selling job at Druckers, I still have the phobia of dropping pieces of doughnuts and cakes.


Another round of expedition gear shopping which was sabotaged by the J-Card Day at Jusco Midvalley. Denied entry as I don't have a J-card. I requested for a temporary card and got one. But I gave up shopping when I saw the crowd in there. It's impossible to find anything there admist the sea of people.


Headed off to Vinci, got a pair of flipflops and a handbag.


Met up with VCKY later on for teatime. Ended up in the video arcade playing a round of jungle safari. Supposed to shoot the elephants, tarantulas and tigers on screen, but I somehow got distracted by the guy dancing like a madman on the dance machine nearby. But it was fun as its been ages since I last played such games at an arcade. Oh yes, our compatibility score is 85%, don't play play. *lols*


Met up with the Steph and MW for dinner. Ended up at foodcourt for its more conducive environment. No pressure from the waiters and waitresses and we could just sit down and yak away for however long we wanted. :) Got VCKY a greentea+redbean cake for his birthday and it was a nice desert. :P Light yet satisfying.


Said our goodbyes and I headed home. Met up with Boon for yumcha at Old Town. Yakked away and talked nonsense as usual. And he did comment that I seem happier now. Yes, I am. :P


Day 2:

Had to literally drag myself outta bed, as I was exhausted. Went for another round of shopping at 1U. Finally got all the stuff I wanted. Cargos, bikinis, shorts.... etc. Mission accomplished.


Felt crappy by lunch time. Have got this perpetual headache and my bones are aching. Met up with bro for lunch at Carl's Jr. And I can't understand why people are raving about their burgers. To me, it's more like paying for overpriced McDs and BurgerKing. Can't see the difference.


Anyway, proceeded to pick MW up after lunch and we headed back to our home-state.


Day 3:

Didn't do much today. Repacked all my stuff. Finished now. My poor rucksack's stuffed to the brim. Gosh!





Gonna meet up with the gang for yumcha tonight. Same time, same place. I just hope the sky holds up for us. Kalau hujan, kantoi!


Day 4:

Gonna head back down south again tomorrow in anticipation of my early flight on Monday. Oh well.


Meeting Tanya for dinner tomorrow and maybe some of the girls too?


Day 5:

28 July 2008. Heading off to Sabah.


Hhhhmmmm....

I think that my travel partner is correct when he said that I won't have the time to go to Thailand right after my exams.


Oh well...


-LV-

No comments: