Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Food: Claypot Chicken Rice

I am a big fan of Claypot Chicken Rice (only if it's done the right way!) *fussy, fussy, fussy*. And am skeptical about the quality of KL food. Yucky, yucky, yucky...

Honestly, recommendations from my KL friends that "XXX at YYY is good la...", "AAA at BBB is damn nice lo...", "EEE at FFF is delicious man!!!!" have fallen short of my expectations. So, I've learnt not to trust their tastebuds though (disclaimer) there have been a few rare gems here and there... *smirks*

I found a stall selling 31900 (insert name of town) Chee Cheong Fun at Brickfields!!!! How wrong is that!!!! KL folks, don't get conned, 31900 is NOT famous for Chee Cheong Fun! And the best part is, the same stall sells Sarawak Kolo Mee too!!!
(Note to Miss TKL: Jangan kena tipu ah!!!)

So, my humble deduction is that dia sedang jual Kolo Mee dan 31900 CCF versi lanun (aka pirated).

Well, I might give it a try one day, to check the standards. But then, it's weird as the CCF is served with some mysterious brown sauce (think: KFC mashed potato gravy) and we never have our CCFs with that sauce! *Raises eyebrows* I have a feeling that he might be trying to replicate the Ipoh CCF sauce, but then, where are the mushrooms and minced meat?

Speaking of that, I wanna have some Ipoh CCF. (JS, MW: where to find a yummy one in Ipoh?) The stall that I used to go to sudah gulung tikar. In fact, mum met the lady at Kinta City one day, and she's now happily retired with anak cucu...

Anyway, back to the claypot chicken rice aka nasi ayam belanga...



The claypot chicken rice at Busy Corner, Damansara Jaya is yummy! Even better than the one back at the so-called "龙门客站" (Note: Not sure if I got the Chinese characters right. Literal translation: "Dragon Gate Guesthouse" or in Cantonese: "Loong Mun Hak Charn") back at 31900.

I used to patronise this place a fair bit during those sad and miserable KDU days. Now I know what contributed to the 'KDU blubber'! *grins!*

Had lunch there recently with mum and dad, after 4 years! Ah, nostalgic!!!! (Not really to be honest, as I never felt a sense of belonging to KDU. But still, the tasty claypot chicken rice! Syok!) He he... And they too gave their thumbs up to it!

Trust a Perakian when they say it's tasty! And yes, Penangites too! (before I get stoned to death by Penangites and their pride in their local cuisine, which kononnya is creme de la creme!)

-LV-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Recommendation for Ipoh CCF : at a corner coffee shop which faces the Canning Garden market, with a field beside it. It's also near to the Canning Gdn Baptist Church. Haha I bring you there lar next time.

And I think the claypot chic rice at New Seaview coffee shop in ss15 subang is alrite. But dunno up to your standards enot.

-munwei