It's hard to find the exact words to explain how I feel. And, I'm actually unsure of why I feel this way.
They say, pictures speak a thousand words.
I have been wondering...
Why am I feeling the way I do?
1. Am I reluctant to accept change and what some would consider a small price to pay for the development of 31900?
Yeah, with Universities and Colleges around, plus a Tesco. We seem to be a (possibly) booming township. Small thing for the city-folks out there, but a big thing for a former-mining town which has been rather quiet and 'dead' for the past few decades since all the Yap Ah Loy's left in search for a better living in the cities.
2. Or, is it because I'm a tree-hugger who detests such rampant deforestation?
I'm not the biggest tree-hugger in Malaysia. But I try to do my bit at times. I really hate the sight of forests being cleared away for development. (Case in point, the housing project behind SC's place.) And I do detest the 'bombing' of limestone hills to some extent. But then, living in a state where all car number plates begin with "A", I guess it's something I'll have to live with. It's our source of income.
3. Perhaps, I'm selfish?
For 25 years, I've been happy and content with living in a rather sedate neighbourhood in 31900. Limited traffic (but for TJL residents), away from the hustle and bustle of the town... And the ocassional sight of kingfishers, monkeys, squirrels and dragonflies. There USED TO BE rare sightings of Rajah Brookes too!
So, am I reluctant to accept change and the need for it? Am I irritated as what used to be a corner lot is not longer as 'corner' and has less privacy than before?
I'm annoyed. (I must admit - Sorry KH for the constant complaints! And thanks for bearing with me!)
Annoyed as my room window would no longer provide me with a view of lush greenery.
Annoyed because I'll look out to someone else's houses (in the future).
Annoyed as so many trees were fell to make place for the housing development projects. Those fellas practically carved out a bloody big portion of the hill! Landslides soon to come.
But, must I really accept the fact that good things (refer to no. 3) have to come to an end eventually?
I really miss this!
But what's done cannot be undone!
It rained just now.
And I saw mist/fog... Should I be thankful for that?
Though it used to be foggier before...
-LV
No comments:
Post a Comment