Update: This pirated Teochew has just booked her return flight. At the rate of RM69.50 as well! :)
____
Yay!!!!! *Skips with joy!!!!*
I've finally booked my outward bound flight to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. Barring any unforeseen turn of events, I should be off on the 9.30am flight headed towards the Land Beneath the Wind (Negeri Di Bawah Bayu) on the morning of 28th July 2008. The last I've ever been to the other side of the country was back in 2002. Yeah, moons ago!!!! But it was at the other end of the "dog" i.e. the tail, and now I'm headed towards its head.
(For the uninitiated: Don't you realise that the entire chunk of Borneo is shaped like a dog?)
I've procastinated, and have been monitoring the prices on Air Asia for 1 month. Yes, kiasu and kiamsiap me! Which makes me wonder whether I've got any Teochew blood running through my veins at times.
(For the uninitiated: Teochews are supposed to be kiamsiap, according to SW. But at the same time, the are supposed to be the A-grade Chinese, very smart kononnya. And Cantonese are supposed to be of C-grade. This effectively puts me on the lower tier of the Chink hierarchy. So ladies, for a 'guaranteed smart' progeny, go look for a Teochew guy! :P No offence intended! Please don't send me any hate mail for this!)
Anyway, back to the main topic of discussion this morning. The MAS-AirAsia dog fight is doing me good! I clicked on the MAS website when they announced the launch of their Zero Fare promotion last week and I skipped at the sight of KLIA - KKBI: RM120 (one-way); RM240 (return). It's dirt cheap compared to the RM500+ we had to pay before. And picture this, the sight of Li Vyen with her sleeping bag, mat, mosquito net (what you call that? It's kelambu in Malay), her hiking shoes on board a MAS flight man!!!!! All the way to the jungles of Sabah to do cheap labour!!!! Talk about being CLASSY!!!!
But then, the little pirated/fake-Teochew in me decided to wait when I saw a news article in the Business section of The Star about Airasia launching it's SubZero fares next week i.e. this week. And I thank God and heavens for guiding my eyes towards that tiny weeny piece of news as I rarely flip through the business section EXCEPT for the "Exchange Rate" column.
Hence, this little pirated-Teochew waited patiently. Woo hoo! It pays to be patient!!!! As I now pay ONLY RM69.50 for my flight from LCCT (who cares if it's not KLIA) to KKBI!!! *Yay!!!! Goes this happy pirated-Teochew.
Will be touring or jetsetting or rather driving round Sabah; Kudat, Sepilok, maybe Pulau Tiga for a week. Then, will proceed to climb Mt K on the 7th and 8th September. Had initially planned for the climb to be on the 2nd and 3rd September, but they ran outta rooms on that day! *Sulks* Think it's got something to do with the long Merdeka weekend! Arrrggggghhh... maybe I should sweet talk them into doing a good deed for the birthday girl? :P Man! It would be cool to blow candles on the summit of Mt K.
HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE!!!!!!!!!!
Damn cun right???? Too bad, that's not the way things were meant to be!
*Lols* Not that birthdays are a big thing to me.
But then, the 'kembang' factor when you tell people, "I celebrated my 25th on top of Mt K!!!!!!" and people going, "Wow, that's so cool!!!!"
Alright, it's just me and my imagination running wild.
(I think it's gotta do with the Clarinase I had yesterday night and it's after effects. Still a bit 'high high dei'. But, it got me conked out for the night! Such a good night's sleep, PLUS all the hallucinations!!!! Woke up this morning, feeling like I'm floating.... *lols*)
Anyway, I have yet to book my return flight though as I'm unsure of the dates. I foresee the 9th September tentatively. Anyone interested in a belated b'day celebration??? *Hints to the Manchester girls!!!!*
HINTS HARD TO THE LADIES..... AND HARDER.....
PS: I still feel like I'm floating. Damn Clarinase!
Ice Cream plus super concentrated coffee sauce @ Ipoh Old Town Kopitiam. Lovely!
-LV-
*in the mood to write crap
No comments:
Post a Comment