Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Double Delight

And the Stretford End faithful sings...

We won!

We won!!

We won!!!

We won!!!!

We won!!!!!

The trophies back from the glorious 1999; Manchester United Museum, Manchester
(Now, let's clear some space for the double of 2008 :P)

We won!

We won!!

We won!!!

We won!!!!

We won!!!!!


Old Trafford, Manchester; December 2004


I survived watching the finals!!!
My heart was pounding so hardly that I could feel it through my chest. Who wouldn't after a series of misses by Manchester United and a few calamity and 'saved by the post' moments for Chelsea.

And man, when John Terry walked up to take the 5th penalty (Ronaldo missed and it's 4-4 now, with Terry left to take), I just closed my eyes shut and prayed hard that he would miss! And he did!!!!!

Anderson duly converted the penalty, followed by Kalou for Chelsea. Then, Giggs walked up and converted the 7th; at this point I thought this agony would never end... that Evra, Vidic, Brown and Ferdinand would have to take a spot-kick each... I'll die of a heartattack if that happens...

Up came Anelka, who slotted the ball to van der Sar's right. VDS cleared, and all hell broke lose!!!!!!!


WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!!!!!!
(We won 6-5 on penalties)


Manchester United Museum; Old Trafford, Manchester


Goodbye season 2007/08, time to give my poor heart a rest for the next 2 months before this madness begins again!!!


-LV-
*trying to cool down and get some sleep, 6.44am now....
Yes, football is bad for health.

No comments: