Thursday, April 17, 2008

Server Downtime

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get..."

Tom Hanks (oh, I so love him) as Forest Gump
IN CONTRAST
"If you sow sunflower seeds, you know you'll (at least) be rewarded with sunflowers at the end of the day..."
TLV
Layu, mid-afternoon; @ 31900, April 2008
*hehe* I know it's a bit lame trying to "name" my pictures.... at least I tried :P

Wasn't feeling great yesterday, and I realised that this 'mother of all exams' is consuming me bit by bit. Yup, my 'internal server' went haywire and was down for 'maintenance' yesterday.

Yeah, I know it's the final step of my academic journey, but at times, the feelings overwhelm me and I can't help but sit and think. Man, all this reading isn't getting me anywhere...

And if you're fairly close to me, most of my conversations lately would have centred around this mother-of-all-exams. At times, I feel sorry for those who have to listen to my complaints. *thanks peeps...*

I started reading Civil Procedure yesterday, and I must admit this subject is my Archilles heel. I can't see the link between the law and the issue in hand and this has certainly got me worried and worked up. Hence, I wasn't as productive as I wished to be yesterday. Sorted out some questions on Criminal Procedure, opened my Civil book and sat there wondering, how am I to tackle this subject?

I understand the concepts when I read them, just that my memory fails me as always, and knowing myself, the memory bit wouldn't function until the week before exams (i.e. my brain just wouldn't commit most of the cases I read to memory until it is a do-or-die situation). *ARRRGGGHHH* And what irritated/irked me the most is the fact that I have read it, and yet I couldn't spot the issues!!!!! I panicked and got all worked up, wondering how am I to tackle this pile of crap 12 weeks before exams....


Droopy; @ 31900, April 2008

I knew that stressing over this would not get me anywhere, and sitting at home in front of the notes wouldn't do me any good. Took a quick shower, and drove myself to class early; 4.30pm for the 6.15pm class. And boy, it wasn't meant to be my day, ended up stuck in the traffic jam along Jalan Tun Sambathan just right in front of the Torture Camp for 20minutes, the traffic was crawling!!!! And I ended in class at the same time I would had I followed my usual schedule.

Anyway, got to class. Manja-ed with SW a bit, kacau-ed HP a bit more with sad puppy dog eyes *winks*.... sat there during Evidence like a Zombie, just couldn't concentrate and the fact that the fella spoke like a bullet train didn't help much.

Had dinner at the dirty restaurant below the Torture Camp... Nice wantan noodles as usual, talked a bit... and felt better by now. Ha Ha! And HP realised it!!!!! *winks again*

Got home, with renewed enthusiasm to take the bull by its horns, or probably in this case.... errrmmm.... ready to flick through the Rules of High Ct again?

Exchanged a couple of text messages with KH. Got some more support, and by now I'm back to my usual "I can conquer the world" self again *exaggeration*.... Not exactly oozing with confidence, but I'm ready to wage war against Civil Procedure again.

Buzzed ZY online (and as usual, he replied "Apa hal?"), did some complaining... *hehe, yeah I was a bit emo yesterday...* And he in turn, told me about his job as a 'storekeeper' *winks*. "Don't worry, you're not the only one having exams." True enough, I thought to myself... As per the Chinese saying "Exams only mah, you think you very big meh?" (translate to canto. please)

And that was enough to get me kickstarted and *thud* I went back to reality!

We do need such people to get us back on track, don't we?


Sunflower bud; New Life, New Hope; @ 31900, April 2008

______

Anyway, (contrary to popular believe) I do lose track of sanity and reality in my quest to conquer this mother of all examinations. It does consume me at times and the desire to PASS (read: not score, I just want to pass.... Cukup Makan, 3rd class is good enough.... Am not aiming to be the top scorer or what nots... and what sorts...) does overwhelm me. What's most disturbing is the fact that at times, I do not know whether I will even reap what I sow.

I'm human afterall...

Yeah, at least if you sow sunflower seeds, you'll know that you would get sunflowers at the end of the day...

But then, don't sow; won't know!


If you sow sunflower seeds, sunflowers are what you'll get in the end; @ 31900, April 2008

Despite the many complaints and ups and downs and emotional turmoil and personal conflicts *dramatising* I have deep within... I know and realise that no one can help me if I do not help myself.

Hence, I went to bed early last night and woke up this early morning (albeit groggy) with renewed enthusiasm to kick the arse outta See-Elee-Pee.


Standing Tall, Looking Pretty; @ 31900, April 2008

Yup, I'm not the only one with exams, and I shall complain no more and instead, take it in my stride. One step along the way...


Criminal conquered! Civil next!
_____

I can't get enough of them (sunflowers I mean)... *smiles*

In Full Bloom; @ 31900, April 2008


"If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. It's the hard that makes it great.”

Tom Hanks (again)

-LV-

*PS: Thanks to those who helped keep my sanity intact and in check...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVVEEEEE SUNFLOWERS!!!! i sooooo soooooo sooooo love them!!! Nice to see some 'real' ones from the garden! ..instead of from googleimages! :)

*hugsies* Exams season..so hugs need to go around loads!! sigh sigh sigh.

LV said...

*hugs back*

yeah, i ABSOLUTELY LOVE AND ADORE AND HEART the real ones... btw, cld be currently found in both mine and my neighbour's house (we sort of pakat-ed)

they are so so so nice you know... so beautiful... better than roses i reckon... :P

i like it when its 'tersergam indah di bawah cahaya matahari' esp when its a lone plant... :)

Anonymous said...

Don't let those feelings of uncertainty kacau u, dear. Just concentrate on putting in your best. If I could pass Civil last year, u definitely can!

*Hugs*

-munwei