I watched this DVD on the day I bought it, which is very untypical of me. I'm usually very lazy or tend to procastinate when it comes to watching DVDs. I can never bring myself to watch an entire movie on my own, except if I'm in the cinema or if there's someone watching the DVD with me. Manifestations of ADD (attention deficit disorder) I guess???
Anyway, back to the movie. It wasn't much of a tear-jerker as I'd expected it to be, but it does have its poignant and heart-touching scenes. Spoiler alert.
E.g. the scene where Henney discovers that Kim is not his biological father as he thought he was. And where Henney's adopted father passes away. And perhaps, the most memorable of them all would be the scene where a young Henney (about 5 years old) realises that he is different from the his siblings and the rest of his family. They all had blonde hair, and his, black. So in an innocent attempt to blend in with the rest, the young Henney poured a tin of yellow paint over his hair.
One thing I realise about this movie though, is Henney's improved acting skills. A big improvement from his "My Name is Kim Sam Soon" days, where he was a bit too stiff and always had his trademark smile plastered across his face. His tears were so real in this movie. Omigosh!!!!!
I'm looking forward to watching him in "Xmen "Origins" Wolverine" next year!!!!
And best part about this movie is that 40% of the dialogue is in English, hence, minismising the dubbed parts. I hate dubbed movies/shows. And the Korean dialogue is kept simple, hence giving me an opportunity to practice my rusty Korean!!!! Min would be so proud that his efforts were not wasted!!!!
Brilliant movie with a simple, yet engaging storyline!
-LV-
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment