Retyping this entry for the 2nd time. Blogger died on me the first time around. God knows why!!! *pekchek*
___
Nasty Sunday I had...
1. That MU game. No, it's not a penalty. Yes, I'm still bitter about it (as of yesterday). Thank you very much!
2. Went to bed with running a temperature. No, it's not the adrenaline from the match, but the looming threat of a nasty flu.
3. Woke up at 7am on Sunday with a nasty sorethroat and a slight temperature, had to practically drag myself out of bed. Took a quick shower, went down to grab Bob to head for class.
4. Bob refused to get his engine rolling. And was only up and roaring on the 3rd try (thinking back now, I should have seen the signs). Drove to the Torture Camp via my usual route, only to discover that that section has been cordoned off for some dunno-what marathon. Fine! Took a diversion and headed to the Torture Camp via Jln Maarof. ARRGGHHH!!!! This means an extra 10km! I still managed to arrive on time; 10 minutes early.
5. Parked at the usual spot, and notice a man standing in front of Bob, waiting for me to get off. Suspected something amiss, but got off anyway. He approached me, asked for RM1. From Seremban, came down to meet a friend, but lost wallet, phone, etc.... blah, blah, yaddah, yaddah....needs money to take bus to KL Sentral! Usual story... Holy cow! Man, do I look stupid? Firstly, KL Sentral is just 5 minutes walk away (less than 1km) and secondly, where on Earth does one find a bus service from Methodist College to KL Sentral! No such thing!!! I think I must have looked dumb and gullible.
I refused and told him, KL Sentral is just round the corner man! 5 minutes walk MAX! Maybe slightly less than 1km!!!!!! And now, Mr Conman changed his story, said he needed to call his friend with that RM1. I refused, asked him again whether he lost his wallet. "Yes", he replied. I retorted and replied, "Right, you lost your wallet, now I tell you, walk straight down and KL Sentral would be in front of you. There's a police station (no such thing of course, but I think I've seen police booths somewhere...), go make a police report and use the phone there to call your friend!"
"Sorry, but I'm not giving you the RM1". I brushed him off and started walking away. And at this point, he had the cheek to bargain and to ask for 50cents! Pengsan man! I would be dumb to have parted with my RM1 or 50cents!!!
On the hindsight, I think I shouldn't have spent so much time talking to him. Close to one minute. Yeah, it's in broad daylight and in an open space, but God knows, I might have got robbed and stabbed to death. Afterall, I haven't got life insurance! Lesson learnt: Walk away! (God knows what and why on Earth I spent time speaking to him! Flabbergasted!)
6. Got to class, discovered that my usual spot is taken up, no biggie as it is not labelled "Private Property of TLV" anyway. Though the seat is mine, by convention. So plonked myself down in a nearby seat, and reserved one for HP. Class started, by now I was feeling crappy and horrible... Running a temperature again, and the headache was killing me!!!!!! Decided to cabut during the lunch break.
7. Went to get Bob, and to head home. Put the keys in the ignition, turned the keys. Damn!!!!! That fella refused to budge. Battery mati. Thank God dad's down this weekend, so I made a SOS call. Sorted that guy (Bob) out, and was home at 1.30pm, man! With the amount of time I wasted, I should have stayed in class afterall!!!!! *Kiasu!*
8. Got home, watched Spanish Grand Prix. Mclaren is performing underpar this weekend. So the race was a bit potong stim... Thank God Heikki survived that horrendous crash!
Anyway, that pretty much sums up my Sunday!
Nombor 4-ekor of the week: 6452 or 7111. Gerenti strike!!!
-LV-
*I seem to have survived the onslaught of high fever... for now...
Monday, April 28, 2008
Nasty Sunday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment