Wow! What on Earth Tesco had in mind when they launched this line of products? They are only 7 years old!
_____
I used to get my stationery from this particular shop; YY back during my school days due to its close proximity to the school. So it was rather convenient to drop by as I walked from school to tuition, etc.
But I've been avoiding this shop of late, as I would at times, feel uneasy with the staff at the shop. I ventured into this shop this morning as I couldn't find what I wanted elsewhere.
Well, you see, this is a really 'old-school' kinda shop where everything is stuffed in every nook and corner of the shop; unlike the 'easy to find' layout you see in places like Popular and MPH nowadays. Thus, one would need to tell the shop assistants what one was looking for and he/she would 'dig' it out for you. (Yes, "dig" as the shop assistant would have to rumage through boxes and piles of dust to find that 4'x6' envelope you wanted or the Pilot G1 refill you were looking for....
Anyway, there's this old lady at the shop who (I would say) has turned a bit senile. As such, I find it uneasy having to ask her for certain things which I wanted. And at times, she works rather slowly and is (always) unsure of the pricing. Hence, causing much irritation to her co-workers. And this would turn into a 'full-blown' shouting match between this old lady and her co-worker. And poor me would have to stand there and enjoy the show...
This happened today, again, as always... I went to the shop to get some 3M Post-It Notes as I couldn't find it anywhere else. Well, you may wonder why I'm so particular about the brand. I used to use other cheapo brands, but I hated them as they fail to stay in place, the adhesive just doesn't stick and the notes that I put on certain pages would just drop-off and go missing. So, it's back to the slightly more expensive 3M ones, but at least they stay where and when they are supposed to! Solves me of the trauma of missing notes.
I spotted the Post-It Notes, grabbed the two that I wanted and asked Miss Old Lady the price, to which she asked co-worker A. Co-worker A (CWA) was unsure of the price and was supposed to check the price when she was stopped by another customer. Hence, Old Lady asked CWA if it's RM3.50 for the bigger one and RM3 for the smaller one. Sure enough, it turned into a shouting match, as CWA insisted that the price of the smaller one should be RM3.50 as written on the product.... I was left standing there watching.... CWB then came in and was asked about the price, to which he replied that he was unsure. The shouting match went on, until Miss Supervisor came in. *THANK GOD!* I thanked my lucky stars, the heaven and Earth, as by now, I wanted to just pay and leave the shop...
Frankly speaking, I find the shop a bit dysfunctional in the way the co-workers interact. And more significantly, I find it rather uneasy watching and observing the way Old Lady is treated; which is one reason why I try to avoid the shop as far as possible although it can be considered as the most comprehensive stationery shop in town despite its 'old-school' layout.
Life is a cycle, and we would all grow old at some juncture. Which makes me wonder whether CWA has ever put herself in Old Lady's shoes, and imagine how she would have felt.
And as I walked out of the shop, I heard Old Lady murmuring to herself, "I told you it was RM3 + RM3.50, isn't is correct?" (in Cantonese) in a dejected tone.
I know some of you may think that it isn't a big deal, but to me, well, it just made me feel VERY UNEASY.
And today, I walked out of the shop, telling myself (yet again) to avoid going into the shop, IF POSSIBLE...
-LV-
*Oh yeah, it's beef curry tonight... Woo hoo... I love my Grandma!!!! :P
No comments:
Post a Comment