Was on the phone with KH today, when we decided to be random and spoke in Mandarin. *ciak lat man!*
It never did occur to me that my command of the language could reach such point of deterioration, jst within a span of 6 months! It's an utter disgrace. *lols* Yiwen would kill me! Time flies, but it was just NOT TOO LONG ago where I could speak comfortably (albeit not fluently) in Mandarin on a daily basis. And YES, I could order food in a restaurant in Mandarin too! But now, I doubt... *lols* Oh yes, I was also able to understand the heavy Beijing accent back then! Alas, things have changed now.
But yeah, my attempts to speak the language today was indeed a laughable effort. Must put more effort to practice it!
As I'm sitting here, in front of my telly half-watching German Open, whilst typing this blog entry (Lee Hyun Il is winning btw) it dawned upon me that I'm a Jack of all trades, but master of none when it comes to languages. Speak or at least understand Malay, English, Cantonese, Mandarin, 'Sun Ning' dialect (more about that later)... but honestly speaking, I can't string a full sentence in formal Cantonese and Mandarin. French and Korean are negligble as they are Sdn, Bhd. Conversational purposes ... still fine, but need to tokok-tambah a lot of English and BM here and there. I could still recall the early days when I first knew Yiwen and Qiong. The poor girls had difficulties understanding my sentences as I tended to slot in some English words here and there. *lols* Could still remember the amount of cursing I got from Yiwen especially, for polluting the language. But well, 12 months later, she understands me perfectly! Man, I miss that girl! But still, my Cantonese and Mandarin are still somethings to work on I guess!
Alright, a new resolution apart from passing CLP!
-LV-
*pointless post
Sunday, March 02, 2008
Poor Linguistic Skills
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment