*Crash, boom, bang!*
What an interesting and colourful start to the new year! The first 2 days of 2008 has been filled with interesting news!
Moral of the story: The hand that rocks the cradle, rocks the world!
Don't you agree, folks?
______
That moral lesson aside, I've finally relented (after a week's battle with my persistent allergy) and went to the doctor's (a Mr. Y) instead of my usual ENT specialist. It was an interesting visit. I guess it's probably because that I've grown so accustomed to Mr. U that I never realise that I'm telling him about the on-goings of my life for the past year. The conversations come so natural between us, him asking me about my studies, him telling me about some gossips and it goes on for quite some time...
So, when I went to Mr. Y for consultation today, when he asked me what I studied, I decided to tell him what I do for a living (or rather, what I hope to do for a living) TOGETHER WITH SOME EXTRA INFORMATION; just for kicks. (FYI, I love watching their reaction and listening to their replies!). He's not the first one I've done this to.... *evil grin* Conversation goes like this,
"So, which University are you from?"
Oh, Manchester....
"Ah, I see. What course did you study?"
Under normal circumstances, I'll go ..... Well, I read law. But, just for the heck of it, I tend to add some spice when it comes to doctors.... :P
THUS, my reply went like this
Oh... I did law, and went on to complete a Masters in Medical Law
(After that, I pause and wait for a spectacular reaction.... which NEVER fails to amaze me, everytime this little 'party trick' of mine is pulled off)
"Wow!!! You are the reason the litigation is going up!!!" *lols, doctors say the darnest things! I just love them!*
*And I just sat there and gave him my sweetest smile...*
(Man, telling doctors what I do for a living is surely fun!)
Anyway, walked out of his clinic, with some medicine (as usual), and a new toy - Nasal Spray! Nasal Sprays never work for me anyway, and I doubt whether this will.... *haih*
-LV-
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Life's Lessons Learnt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment