December 2007... So the year has come to an end (almost). Now, let's take a look back at what I've done over the past 12 months:
1. Picked up a couple of additional language skills, though I have yet to Master them.
- Thanks to Klem and Min for making my French and Korean lessons so so so fun! And yes, the many friends I've made along the way!
2. Got a couple of part-time jobs whilst in Uni.
- Catering Assistant
--> The longest one I've had. 10 months in total. Full of ups and downs. It brings in the dough nonetheless. But I'm retired now. Won't be back anytime in the near future.
- Student Ambassador
--> The most enjoyable one I've had! Meeting so many different people, working with kids (though, I may beg to differ had it been a long-term job. An assignment once a week, every Wednesday is more than enough...). Oh yes, the 10 hour shift during the UCAS Education Fair at G-Mex, Manchester! Most mundane job I've done in my life! 10 hours spent collecting boxes from the booths! OMG! Good pay nonetheless!
- TCC Officer
--> Call operator with the Uni. Admissions Division. Easy and stress-free job. Go to work, log on to the computer, make a couple of calls to International Students (whilst logging on to MSN and surfing the net...). Ain't rocket science! Easy peasy..
Met some nice colleagues. And yes, Alan is such a dear!
3. "Send Li Vyen to the Jungle"
- Planned to banish myself into the jungles of Borneo in Autumn 2007 (after completion of my MA), but the plan didn't take off as it was supposed to be. As a result, had to FFK and will be on the 5 week July 2008 one (if possible). Hope I won't be sabotaged by CLP once again!
- Became a 'professional fundraiser' in the process. Ha Ha! My begging skills ain't that bad after all!
- But, sadly... had to revert back to my role of a professional student in October instead of the Jungle Jane role...
4. Friends
- Made many new friends this year. Enlarged my social circle, baik di Malaysia, Asia Tenggara, Afrika ataupun di Eropah.
- Packed my bags and resettled down in Malaysia. Got reacquaintted with old friends, picking up from where we have left back in 2004.... But, yes, we've change a lot....
5. Family
- Always nice to be part of the Reunions.
- Looking forward to my 1st CNY in 3 years...
6. Work/Studies
- Still have not moved on from my role as a 'professional student'. Hopefully, will be able to get rid of this tag in Sept 2008.
- Career wise, I'm more or less clear of my 'directions'. But, before that, need to clear the CLP hurdle! *Dang!*
-LV-
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Year End Post
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment