Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Weekly Commute

Rewind - 2003
Place of study: KDU
Weekly travel plans: PBSM (Persatuan Balik Setiap Minggu) - Friday evenings --> Monday mornings

Rewind - 2004 - 2006
Place of study: Manchester
Weekly travel plans: Nil. Only the annual Summer hols

Fast-forward - 2007
Place of study: Brickfields
Weekly travel plans: Ocassionally. But I rarely cabut balik kampung at the first opportunity now.

Seriously, as much as I would like to be home, I dread the 2 hour drive (at times). I wonder how I did it every single week without fail during those good old KDU days! *salutes self*

As such, I do marvel (now) at a friend of mine who travels back to Taiping every single week (4 hour journey, mind you) without fail!

Conclusion:
Have I grown more independent? Or am I just used to the idea of staying away from home? Or, is it because I have a wider circle of friends in KL? Or maybe, more activities that I am involved in?

-LV-

No comments: