Sunday, December 02, 2007

I've Learnt to Enjoy the Pain

Exactly 2 months into this course. And I realise that my life centres around it. It's turned into a personal obsession (exaggeration added for dramatic effect...).

Well firstly, I'm glad (in a way) that I've decided to abandon my plans to go on a Raleigh expedition in October in order to focus on CLP. Well, not that I had a choice anyway.... Registration datelines to comply with, paper work to be done, and when you discover that 50% of your course would be completed by December, the prudent one would definitely postpone expedition. Passing rate at 20% per year, well I guess I need to work my arse off for the next 8 months.

One thing that irks me is the intensity of classes and the bulk of information 'fed' to us during each class. 7 hours of classes on Saturdays... No joke! And yes, not forgetting the ungodly hours that mess up your meal times. I'm sure my friends will be familiar with my statements like "Well, I dunno if it's dinner/supper for me now....".

The intensity of classes brings me back to school days where classes were Mondays - Fridays 720am - 2pm (an average Form 6 day). Not forgetting the tuition classes and the co-curricular activities after that. Wonder how I survived that. Guess I've just fallen into the comfort zone of University life. Lols* I honestly think that a Manchester law student has the least number of hours. 12 contact hours (at most) a week. Back then, I had so much time for other activities and my life is not governed by questions like; "what time should I leave for a 6pm class?", "will I be stuck in the traffic jam if I were to take this route?", "class begins at 630pm now, should I have dinner now? (it's 545pm FYI - too early dinner by my stds)"....

But well, let this be my last rant about CLP. It will be very much a part of me for the next few months.

My life....


To be honest, when choice is not an option.... I've learnt to enjoy the pain....

-LV-

No comments: