Counting down to another 5 days (today inclusive) of work at the cafe. And well, another 16 more days before I leave Manchester for good. As much as I look forward to go home, I'm sure it will be bittersweet. This is where I've spent a whole 3 years of my life.
As I begin counting down the days, the packing and 'administrative work' has begun. I've already packed my cabin sized suitcase and have cancelled all my phone contracts. Now, time to sort out the bank and shipping. Honestly speaking, I would not have chosen PAL shipping but for their cheap-as-dirt price. Service is crappy. Imagine calling them 3 times only for them to tell you that they have not got your details on the system, "Sorry, rekod takde" (Sorry, your records aren't on the system." How crappy can that be. And boy, is it really that difficult for them to arrange delivery of your boxes?? I'm at their mercy! Well, I'm gonna give them another 5 days to get it sorted out, if not, I'll just get DHL or Seven Seas (albeit at 3 times the price!). Don't think I have a choice then. So much for the inefficiencies!
Starting work at 12pm today. Man, I miss my 9-3 shifts. My first 12-6 shift, and I really hate it, the waiting and all. I would have left screaming my heads off if I had my dissertation to write today. But well, I've sent it off to Catherine and this leaves me with 3 days of 'holidays' before the feedback from her and the final tinkering begins. But then again, I'm so bored now. So used to having work in my hands that I'm sitting and running around like a headless chicken now. Feel so useless. Thank God I have work to look forward to (not really looking forward to it though) later.
Till then.....
Isle of Skye, Summer 2007
-LV-
No comments:
Post a Comment