Tuesday, December 08, 2009

13 more weeks to go!

6 month's of pupillage down, 3 more to go!

I've been swarmed with work for the past 2 months so to speak, time flies by so quickly that I've not realised half of December is gone! Oh boy!

Picked up some lessons along the way, and realised that I still need to work on calming my nerves when the situation warrants it. The stress of unmet datelines, looming datelines, fixing appointments, research, work and more work so to speak... is just too much for a pupil's tiny mind :P It's a whole new ball game altogether. Thank God I've got my gang of chambee mates to keep me sane, or else I'd have just lost it, some time ago... :) And the ever trustworthy P, my agony aunt who's been there, seen it, done it...

At times, I'd realise that it takes much more trying to keep the discipline of not doing any work at all, of trying to take some time off work, to create personal days-off during the weekends. It takes tremendous effort of avoiding oneself from slipping off the "Oh my God, but I've got work 'pending' " mode. I'm trying hard to do this, to not think of work during my personal time off work. Of course, it's hard, but I've got to try to keep my sanity intact.

Work aside, I've rediscovered my passion for running. I've been indulging in quite a few marathons or runs over the past 6 months; 4 races so to speak. It's strange that I'm doing long distance races nowadays, as I used to be a sprinter back in school. Back then, I chose the 100m, cos it was the shortest, and requires less stamina. I've even refused to do the 200m, though I recall that I won my first athletics gold medal during a 200m race. :P I'm aiming to get my 10km (on the road) timing down to 1 hour, 30 minutes next year. Fingers crossed. But I guess, my biggest hindrance would be the time and effort needed for training. Will I have the time?!?!??!

Booked 2 holidays for March 2010, one to HK-Macau (I just love the 2 places) and another to Singapore. Looking forward to the both of them :) Mel was in Singapore during the week, felt bad that I didn't have the time to visit.

Ok, enough personal 'diary' updates for tonight. Ciao.

No comments: