Monday, May 04, 2009

The Sleep Refusal Syndrome

Disclaimer: The following post lacks fluidity and is mainly full of crap.

____

The clock at the bottom right-hand corner of my laptop reads 12.22am on a Monday morning and I'm refusing to go to bed simply because of the fact that it will be back to work in 7 hours time. *Shudders at the thought*

I've been working for close to 7 months now, and am still a baby when it comes to navigating workplace politics. I must admit that I put my tongue before my brains 70% of the time, and thankfully it has yet to get me into some serious sh*t. I'm making a mental note to keep my tongue in cheek nowadays, and it's hard. But, learn to withhold some thoughts, and opinion; I must!

Conversation with close friends are always enriching and thought provoking, in that I'm always prompted to reflect again on certain issues and aspects of my life. It helps that I have truly close friends with whom I have 'no-holds barred' type of conversations.

Through these, I always come to realise that there's always a silver lining beneath every storm that has to be weathered. Truth to be told, it has always made me more grateful for what I am and for what I have.

I'm seriously tempted to blog about work, but common sense tells me that I should, and refrain I will. I've been widening my social circle and meeting more people nowadays. It has certainly made me realise that THE WORLD IS INDEED VERY SMALL! Especially in the field that I'm in.

There are only a handful of 'my kind of people' around (especially those around my age group) and word spreads really quickly. Which makes me wonder if it is really a bad choice to date someone from the same profession? You're doomed if your partner is a kiss-and-tell person. A nude photo saga or mud-slinging war in event of breakup. This won't do much to help in terms of your professional career. *lols* But then again, love happens in the most unexpected ways. So I guess it is unwise or rather impossible to put a proviso on your list of requirements that says, "provided he/she is of a different profession".

I guess if one really places such a proviso unto oneself, there would be many more spinsters and bachelors around judging from the number of lawyer-lawyer, doctor-doctor, engineer-engineer, IT-IT, banker-banker, accountant-accountant couples around.

Okay, this post is lacking in terms of fluidity and the flow of thought. I'm just rambling for the sake of it.

Good night and good luck for the week ahead!

PS:
Looking forward to Saturday!!!! :)

-LV-

No comments: