Monday, December 29, 2008

Reflections: 2008

Howdy folks!

It's the time of the year again; where I humbly reflect upon the ups and downs of 2008 and offer thanks and gratitude for the good times bestowed upon me.

Now, let's begin.

1. Passing CLP
- CLP was one helluva emotional roller coaster for me.
One can only imagine the amount of relief I felt when I found out that I passed the mother of all exams. Thank God!


2. Raleigh International: Borneo 08G
- Embarked on a 5 week expedition, had a wonderful time. Built a kindergarten in 19 days; an achievement that I'm tremendously proud of. *Lols* Can't imagine myself lugging those huge belian poles ever again!
And yes, I bear some 'war scars' to tell the tale. Maybe to my kids and grandkids perhaps... ;)




3. Climbed Mt. K!
- YES!!!!!! However, the achievement was marred by bad weather. A bit potong steam that we had to miss the sunrise due to bad weather.



4. White Water Rafting!
- Did Sg. Kiulu (Sabah), and then conquered Sg. Kampar (Perak) 2 weeks later with Ju Vern. Had a very enjoyable time.
Planning to conquer Sg. Padas next, any takers?



5. Settled down to a proper full-time job.
- Financial freedom, need I say more?
This has had its ups and downs. Well, 3 months into it, I'll wait and see. Tempted to embark on a more enticing placement, but Mum has her reservations though its only for another 9 months (minimum). Shall see how the transfer orders go.
But frankly speaking, I do have my fears of hitman and hired assassins.

6. Mika
- This is perhaps one of the best things that has happened to me this year. We got a dog, which I dutifully christened Mika.
The parents reckon that I'm crazy over him. Despite my infamous fear of dogs, I've shown none of such fear towards him. He He.... I really really sayang this 'lil critter.



7. Travelling
- Frolicking round Sabah post-expedition was probably one of the greatest things I've done. The road trip, together with 3 great companions was enjoyable. And yes, not forgetting the 2 biji of 5kg watermelons we had in the span of 3 days!




We shall return for diving one day mates! ;) Sabah's definitely one of the beautiful-est places around!



And yes, travelled further down South of East M'sia to meet up with the boy. Didn't do much, yet enjoyable and relaxing to the max! Damai beach, Damai beach, Damai beach!!!!!!

And I guess, that pretty much sums up my wonderful year of 2008!


Adios!


-LV-

No comments: