Sunday, November 02, 2008

LDP

I drive along the LDP (Lebuhraya Damansara-Puchong) and past this building - Plaza Perabot LDP during my daily commute to and from work...
AND
It never fails to remind me of my 'early days' living in KL.
I swear, that I used to hate life here with a vengeance and was one of the members of PBSM (Persatuan Balik Setiap Minggu). Social life in KL back then was practically next to zero. I never ventured out further than the college (I used to live only 3 doors away. Yes, I swear. I did!), and perhaps the ocassional banana leaf at Bangsar. Had practically no friends in KL apart from the gang (but we never did meet each other in KL back then - all PBSM fellas). And yes, the only time I probably went out was with XY with whom I used to be quite close to. And very often, we'd end up on the wrong end of the LDP, in front of this Furniture Mall. *lols* Hence, the 'nostalgia' everytime I drive past this 'structure' nowadays - the constant reminder of my 'miserable' life down south 5 years ago.

Anyway, things change, and people surely do.

We're no longer as close, and I no longer dread living in KL.

I no longer have a zero social life.

I'm no longer a student.

I no longer fear getting lost.

But yet, some things never change - I still suck at driving!

-LV-

No comments: