http://www.flickr.com/photos/24377114@N04/2328851559/
After being overshadowed by his teammate for the earlier 1/3 of this season,
this is his chance for a breakthrough.
Will he score his maiden race victory tonight? My prayers are with him...
Oh btw, mum's convinced that I'm supporting him because I oh-so detest 'the-other-fella' in the team. Part-truth.
Why? 3 races into the 2007 season, I grew sick of the British press that's been all too eager to lap up news after news about 'the-other-fella'.
And my gosh, I shall not comment about the very public Alonso-Hamilton spat.
I recall complaining to Dan last year and his reply was apt (in some ways),
"Dan.... All ITV's showing nowadays during live race coverage is Hamilton, his dad, Hamilton, his dad, and back to Hamilton... then his dad again!!!!"
"Well, you can't blame us. It's been ages since Damon Hill won the World Championship."
So perhaps, you can't blame the press for lapping up 'sensational news' about their fast-rising star (back then). He was lucky last season. And for once I was glad that a Ferrari driver (so long as it's not Schumacher) won instead of him (though would have personally preferred Alonso as the 2007 WDC).
Look at the-other-fella's 2008 season. I hope it continues this way, and that Heikki will elipse him in the near future! *teehee*
But still, with reference to the above statement made by Dan. Hmmmm... such words coming from the mouth of a guai lo who's country has had so many drivers in the likes of Button, Coulthard and Davidson (from the now defunct Super Aguri).
And what we've got? Alex Yoong!!!! *period*
ANYWAY...
God speed Heikki!!!! Your predecessors Rosberg, my evergreen favourite Hakkinen and my so-called 'ex-bf' Raikkonen have done it. So can you!
Starting grid line up: Kovalainen, Webber *wow*, Raikkonen...
Game on!
-LV-
PS: I realise that I sound very much like an old-broken record whenever I talk about my pet-peeves in Formula 1. Singing the same old-tune over and over again!
He he... but then, so long as ITV continues with its worship of 'the-other-fella', my rants will continue...
No comments:
Post a Comment