Monday, May 19, 2008

Housekeeping Duties

The benefits of living in a University accommodation:

1. I don't have to spend 2 hours a week mopping the floors and scrubbing the bathrooms
(But I don't mind DIY-ing it nowadays though, good workout!)

2. I have someone to have dinner with

3. I have someone to go grocery shopping with. Ah, those 40 minute walks to Asda! (A huge supermarket in the UK. Rivals of Sainsbury and Tesco)

4. I have someone to bitch with about the boss-from-hell

5. I can leave the heating on full blast during those cold winter days, and not worry about bills

My Former Room: Acomb House 08-060; Whitworth Park, Manchester

(September 2006 - September 2007)

*lols* I so love the poster! Miss 'ya Sarah, Miss 'ya Mel, Miss 'ya Yiwen!!!!

Oh yes, NgeeShin, Vince (see ya 23rd July ya! *winks*), Nien-Chia, Nung-Kuang, Dom, Divine, Daniel, Dorcas, Jessica, Min, Hui-Chi, Qiong, Konrad, Ange, Kat, Kathrin, Yumi, Margret...


BUT

This does not mean that I appreciate the substandard work and hygiene practices of the cleaners at the Whitworth Park Hall of Residences, University of Manchester at all...

I'd rather clean and scrub for 2 hours, than to bear with the dirtier than before cookers, stinkier than before bathroom floors; the aftermath of the Whitworth Park cleaner invasion.

They'll come in, mop a bit, wipe a bit, n pour all the dirty water into the kitchen sink, leaving the sink dirtier than before, complain in a (lan lan si si i.e. arrogant way) that you and your flatmates don't keep the common areas clean, blahblah yaddahyaddah, giving you a lecture that you guys should have a duty roster so that the common areas are kept clean, kitchen stoves are clean...

OMGWTFBBQ!!!!! For God's sake, those areas aren't even filthy to begin with!

At times, I can't help but wonder how their houses look like... Or maybe, they don't even clean their houses at all? :P

AND

Yes, I certainly don't miss those days during the cold, bitter and miserable December where we were left without hot water and heating for 2 weeks!!!! That was the longest ever period we survived without heating and hot water, not forgetting those intermittent times when it went off. Crazy man!!! Imagine washing your face, brushing teeth and taking an icy cold shower (imagine pouring a bucket of Iced water over your body) when temperature outside plummets to about 5 degrees celcius or lower! Thank God for the Manchester Aquatics Centre gym membership of mine. I frequented the gym often during those days, for their hot shower!

Ah, those were the days! Thank God it's over now.

-LV-

No comments: