Short note:
Was driving home today. Car radio was tuned to Lite & Easy. Song dedication time as usual and one of my favourite songs was played....
Bryan Adams, "Everything I Do, I Do It For You"
I like the first verse;
"Look into my eyes, and you will see, what you mean to me.... Search your heart, search your soul, and you'll tell me that you'll search no more...."
(There's just something about your favourite song being played on air compared to it being played on the radio.)
________
I must confess.... (No it's not a case of C and V or D and E) *lol*
I've learnt the lesson a couple of years ago, but looks like I've failed again. I vowed not to commit the same mistake twice. Alas, fallacies of the human mind!
Anyway, the problem lies with my inability to say "no". Yeah, I may be harsh, critical and determined at times. But, when it comes to certain issues, I find it hard to say "no". I must admit that I find it hard to turn someone down, especially if I know the person (however distant our relationship maybe).
I guess it's neigh time to be 'ruthless', to learn to say "no". I think I was more 'cold-blooded' and 'stone-hearted' before. But, the tables seem to be turned now. I used to be able to tell J straight to his face that his management skills suck big time, but I doubt if I will do it now. Well, unless I'm pushed to a corner, till the point where I can't withstand the 'irritation' anymore. *lols* Sounds like histamine reacting with allergens. But right now, I'm just taking the 'grin and bear with it' approach most of the time.
But yes, I am aware of the need for me to learn how to refuse and to say "no". Otherwise, the consequences would be severe, in the whole wide world out there. KH gave me a very practical example, "What if someone you don't like asks you to be his girlfriend?" Without a moment's of hesitation, I answered in the negative.
Heh, guess it isn't that hard after all. Must learn to refuse; given the right time, person and place! Shall see who's the unlucky one then!
Bet he/she will be damn pekchek! :P
In short, I just need to know where to draw the line!
-LV-
No comments:
Post a Comment