Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Promotional Activities

Marketing is important. But, how do we tow the line between excessive marketing and aggressive marketing?

McDs have "I'm Lovin' It" as their tagline. KFC goes with "Finger Lickin' Good", while Tesco goes with "Every Little Helps". These tactics have worked fine and well for these corporations. But, how does this work (in retrospect) with regards to the 'human world'?

We do makeovers, to improve our looks and probably our self-image and undoubtedly our self-esteem (to a certain extent). All these are done with the intention to 'score' in the looks-department and hopefully would enable us to bag a yummy-licious partner. (My inference).

We write CVs with intentions of bagging the coveted job; the one that is the key to all the riches in the world. The one that opens doors to countless opportunities, endless prospects and inevitably useful contacts for the future. But, how many know where to draw the line?

I've come across many individuals (of late) who seem to enjoy 'advertising' their educational qualifications or more ironically their educational status (as in current course and institute of higher education). Seeing this never fails to put a smile on my face. Out of sacarsm? *heh!* But, yes, I never fail to roll my eyes when I see such signatures. How desperate can a person geh? Or should I ask, does it really give them self-gratification from doing so? Unlikely. As very often, the best qualified and well-learned individuals are often the most humble and down to Earth persons you would ever see. Margot, Rodney, Suzzanne, Iain, David, Matti and yes, John.... an idol I love to hate!

At this point, I'm reminded of an encounter with a bloke a couple of years back. We hit off well, until .... until he started bragging about his pay cheque and company car. What joy! I still can't fathom the motive behind his actions. Unlikely to be the best way to try to impress a girl?!?!?!? Well, as I would say, one man's meat is another man's poison. So what's deemed a turn-off for me, might be a turn-on for others.

Point is, we all have to learn how to keep our mouths shut and to remain low-profile at times. Excessive self-promotion aka bragging is a big No! No! How low can one stoop? (Oh, OK that's exaggeration. But, you get my point?!)


-LV-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.